In this new release of RapidGallery 1.1.3, we have built into the module and plugin page a requirements checklist to help make it easier for you to diagnose any common issues that is needed to run RapidGallery at its recommended settings.
We needed a way to reduce the most common issues that kept appearing on our forum and believe this is the best method to simplify the process for you and us when we can have a requirements checklist to display the status of your server config that will let you know if everything is ok or something needs to be fixed to fully run RapidGallery.
The checklist is easy to follow. Each four boxes next to 'Requirements check' represent a requirement that your website (ie, server) must pass in order for RapidGallery to fully function properly. These four requirements are (starting from left to right green boxes you see in the header image above):
- GD Library version & modules check - Check to make sure GD2 library is installed on server and has required modules to process various image formats.
- GD functions availability - Check to make sure the GD2 library bundle has the functions for maniplaite images and effects
- PHP Memory limits - Check to make sure there is sufficient memory to process images (at least 64mb or more is needed)
- Folder/files write permission settings - Check to make sure your gallery folder has the proper permission settings to allow it to be displayed on frontend of the site (the settings should be chmod 755)
RapidGalley automatic self-checks in RapidGallery module/plugin manager to make sure everything meets the requirements.
Each requirements will have a status colour to indicate which requirements has passed or failed. The three statuses are:
- Green - OK, passed requirement test
- Orange - Only partially meets the requirements so it still needs some work for a fully functional RapidGallery.
- Red - Completely failed the requirement test and must be fixed in order to use RapidGallery fully without issues.
You can mouseover each requirement boxes to see its status description.
At this stage, you might be asking, "so what do i do when one or more of the requirement boxes shows up in red?". Each fail status will have an explanation of the cause and a hint on how to fix the issue. You just need to mouseover the red box to read the information.
Now that we have this requirements checklist in place. If you are still having issues with your RapidGallery installation, report this in our community forum and take a screenshot of the requirement checklist, it will help us to speed up the process and better understand your issues.
We hope you will find this very useful.
If you have any feedbacks or suggestions regarding this requirements check, please leave a comment below.